Health Links Initiative (HLI) is a Non-Governmental Organization, with a vision of “Better quality assurance practices in public health laboratory and medicine in Tanzania’. It is composed of multidisciplinary team of experts drawn medical scientists. Information management. Health Economics, financing and Strategic planning, committed to support the health system strengthening. The Dar es Salaam Office is located at CAPITAL PLAZA PLOT # 397 8lock J Mwai Kibaki Road, 14121, Mbezi Beach B, Dar Es Salaam. Tanzania.
HLI as a part of a consortium with the Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) has been awarded by the US Centers for Diseases Prevention and Control (CDC) funds to implement the Project Strengthening the Quality, Accessibility and Sustainability of the National Health Laboratory Services (NHLS) in United Republic of Tanzania under the President’s’ Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). HLI is looking for competent candidates to fill In several positions as outlined below so as to implement the project;
This is a senior management position and the successful candidate will oversee project activities and ensure planning and timely executions as well as achievement of project outputs. S/he will be responsible to manage approved resources, schedules, budgets in adherence to HU as well as CDC operating guidelines and contribute to process improvement as it relates to project deliverables. Under the supervision of the Director of Programs, Project Manager will work closely with CDC Tanzania Project Officer, Ministry of Health Diagnostic team, THPS and other Implementing Partners.
- Prepare detailed work plan, budget, resource and supplies estimates for all phases of the project
- Ensure that all project technical staff have developed and are implementing individual staff action plans that are in line with the donor-approved work plan and budget for the current year, and are clearly linked to the overall project performance-monitoring plan.
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources with a focus on achieving project outputs in a timely manner
- Provide to the Director of Programs status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
- Provide leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Perform other technical duties as assigned by his/her supervisors
Health Related Bachelor Degree with a Masters in Public Health or Epidemiology Trained on statistical software
- Demonstrated experience in project management skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a similar assignment and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in problem solving
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Good communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Technically competent with various software, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Visio) and Microsoft Projects
- More than 10 years working with the health sector in Tanzania
- Five years’ experience in working with donor funded projects at a senior level
- Two years working at a senior level in project management with responsibilities to develop work plans, coordination, irttplementation and reporting
- At least two years of leading, motivating and managing project teams and resources, including internal and external resources
- Five years working in an environment that support diverse and inclusive work
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their application through our email [email protected] instructed under Job Vacancies section attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV with Maximum of four pages by April 24th, 2018.
The subject of the email should be the job position you are applying for. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach certificate when submitting online.
HLI is an equal opportunity employer; Women, People Living with HIV/AIDS and people with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Source: Daily News April 16, 2018