MAIN JOB PURPOSE
To ensure that Estates and Factory obtain maximum yield potential, consistent deliverance of crop volume with high quality standard at minimum cost and in line with company’s agricultural and manufacturing development objectives.
- Prepare development plans for Estates covering both Agricultural, Infrastructure and Financial aspects in collaboration with Finance manager.
- Superintends all agricultural operations on Estates i.e. correct implementation of agreed activities as per the good agriculture standards.
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
- To set standard and targets, ensuring the recommended field practices are efficiently and effectively implemented to secure sustainable yield with required quality (Plucking, Irrigation, Pruning, Fertilization, Weeding, Fuel wood harvesting, Road & Labour housing Maintenance,
- Nursery management, clearing and planting of new fields)
- The Operations Manager is responsible for operating factories as per agreed standard. The position also leads manufacturing activities in supply unit to achieve desired service level on time.
- The role delivers site targets following the supply chain and category strategies including targets on service, costs, productivity, quality, innovation and Occupational Safety Health & Environment.
- Engage and facilitate the implementation of innovation on the sites, for products, ways of working, service models and supply chain model.
- Propose, agree on category technology and implement the necessary capital investment to meet the planned production requirements, safety, environmental and cost targets.
- Pursue a site long term plan including restructuring, re-engineering and retrofitting as agreed by Supply Chain Category leadership prioritize and plan recourses development and deployment.
- Ensure that the technical standards of all manufacturing and non-manufacturing fixed assets are maintained. Enable the sourcing Unit operations to achieve high level of customer service at optimal cost.
- Ensure Working Capital Management Systems are effectively used to deliver inventory
- Bachelor’s degree or Master or equivalent to that in agriculture general, horticulture, agronomy or any equivalent bachelor degree in science
- Minimum of 5-7 years in plantation management and experience within operating or manufacturing environment
- Experience in building talent and managing people
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building, employee coaching, and development skills.
- Management experience in a team-oriented workplace, preferred.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and employee relations.
- Evidence of the ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.